Sunday, March 27, 2011

Watching the band

"You know this is a charity event, right? The donation box is over there".

I'm shooting a bunch of bands for Junos Fest & it's actually slipped my mind that one of my 'extra' shows is a charitable event.
I hang out for a bit, take just a few photos and on my way out, I stuff a bill into the jar, ignoring the sale girl's shouts to give me a commemorative wrist band.
I could have been an arse and just walked out without making a donation, but I'm really working on being more aware of things.

This is the fourth act of quasi-kindness, but only the second that I've actually done. Two of the acts were requested donations (one from my now ex co-workers and one in lieu of a gift card that I'd only misplace somewhere in the apartment).

I'm just working on settling into a few major changes, but once I (kinda) do, I'll start with the volunteering and lay off of the monetary donations.

This project is about me DOING more than I have in the past few years. Giving money is great, but I'd much rather give my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment