Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time flies...

So I realised that I haven't updated this blog in a month. *sigh*


I have made a few more cash donations for events/disasters that have happened (text RedCross to 303-33001 to help the Slave Lake residents), but I haven't gone OUT and done my bit yet. 

That's something I have to work on. My current plan is to volunteer as a driver for cancer patients. This has been on my "To-do" list for more years than I care to admit to. Now is the perfect time to do it. So I'm gonna. Currently filling out my application and mailing(!) it off. I have to make an aside and say that I'm surprised that there isn't a way to apply online...anyone out there know a faster way, or is snail mail my only option?

Anyone have suggestions for what I should volunteer for next?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!!

    I heard about a few recently:

    Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition is looking for volunteers for their 50th anniversary on the weekend of Jul 7 - 9 (http://www.torontooutdoorart.org/)

    Meals on Wheels are always looking for new drivers (www.betterlivinghealth.org)

    There are always opportunities listed on www.charityvillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady!

    I've got my eye on a few new things, just working out the timing. Once I get that sorted, I'll be posting more often!

    ReplyDelete